First Post of Primary Responsibility Programme
This programme is for Clergy & Lay Ministers who have taken on a post of Primary Responsibility for the first time during the preceding eighteen months.
Participants have the opportunity to consider in-depth the priorities involved in fulfilling the Primary Responsibility role, including: leading change, care & self-care, as well as some of the practicalities of buildings, finance and legal responsibilities.
It is delivered through a 12-month modular programme, comprised of:
- an online Introduction session;
- an Autumn 2021 Residential at Walton Hall Hotel (24hr);
- 5 online sessions interspersed with 6 online Reflective Practice Groups;
- an Autumn 2022 Residential at Walton Hall Hotel (24hr).
This programme is hosted by the Revd Canon Dr Mark Pryce (Birmingham Diocese) and the Revd Dr Jeanette Hartwell (Lichfield Diocese) and includes input from a range of specialist Speakers drawn from across the West Midlands region.
Who is it for?
This programme is for Clergy and Licensed Lay Ministers who have taken on a post of Primary Responsibility in the past eighteen months:
- those serving in Primary Responsibility for the first time;
- those returning to Primary Responsibility after service in other roles like Chaplaincy;
- those having trained initially in other Anglican Provinces who are taking-up a role of Primary Responsibility in the Church of England for the first time.
‘Primary Responsibility’ is a general term which covers a range of role-titles and responsibilities, including Incumbent (Vicar, Rector, Priest-in-Charge), Associate Minister, Team Rector and Team Vicar, Lay Minister-in-Charge.
This programme starts twice annually. The next opportunity to participate is in Autumn 2021 (registration deadline Friday 20th August 2021). It is important that Participants can commit to all the planned sessions.
Online via Zoom & at Walton Hall Hotel, Wellesbourne. Warwickshire. CV35 9HG
Programme fees will be borne by your Diocese. Travel costs are chargeable to your PCC.
What do I do now?
If you wish to find out more about this programme, please contact your Diocesan CMD Officer or Administrator who will send you further details and a link to the online registration. You can find their details under the Contact tab.