Refreshing ministry for a changing church
A residential course for clergy and ministers of the West Midlands who want to renew their vision for their ministry
This course is more of a workshop / retreat than a conference, and aims to encourage reflection on the experience of ministry and on future patterns of ministry. It also aims to enable the discernment of continuing vocation and gifts, to release energy and set free imagination for the next stage of mission and ministry.
The programme involves:
- a regular rhythm of prayer and worship: offices, eucharist and lectio divina
- personal reflection activities and exercises
- inputs from speakers on biblical, spiritual and sociological perspectives
- extensive facilitated group work - ‘Action Learning Sets’
- space for rest and recreation
The Action Learning Sets are central to the programme, enabling learning from experience and critical reflection upon life and the ministerial journey.
The course will be hosted by the Revd Lesley Bentley of Lichfield Diocese and the Revd Preb Nick Helm of Hereford Diocese, and includes input from a range of speakers.
Who is it for?
This programme is for those in the ‘middle years’ of stipendiary ministry who have at least ten years of experience of ministry after their curacy. It is for those who are seeking to reflect on their experience and on where ministry is going with a view to discerning God’s call and vision for their future ministry. We are expecting 16 participants on the course.
By the end of the course, we hope you will have:
- greater awareness of particular gifts and skills in ministry and the encouragement to use them
- awareness of developments and trends in ministry in the church today
- renewal of energy for your ministry and discipleship
- renewed vision for your ministry in a changing church
The next opportunity to participate is 14th - 18th October 2019
2019 Cancelled Course: 4th - 8th February 2019.
Holland House, Cropthorne, Pershore, Worcestershire WR10 3NB
This course costs £500 per person. Your contribution would be travel only. The rest of the cost will be borne by your diocese.
What do I do now?
If you wish to find out more about this course, please contact your diocesan CMD officer or administrator who will send you further details. You can find their details under the Contact tab.